(Resolved) All thunder lasers are down

Hi
So a bunch of people were using the rotary y axis for the thunders today and I don’t think they reset them properly.

I tried the big one this evening and all my artwork is compressed in the y-direction by about a third. We tried to get it back to 1:1 but couldn’t. I have no idea if there is a hidden setting somewhere but I tried everything I could think of. This might be simple for someone who understands the program better.

I then tried the smaller thunder, someone had just finished using the rotary-axis there as well. I set it up like I normally would, redid all my paths from scratch, and tried again.

When I hit frame, the head swooped to the far right and crashed. Now the x-axis is immobile against the right side, y moves as expected.

We should probably take care of this quickly. Ill be here again in the late morning so I can walk you through what I did if needed.

Thanks
Adrian
8604287247, text me if needed

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Laser_Rotary_Tool_Instructions
Photo of which switch controls the rotary included on this page.
@Team_Laser for the crashed head on…“the small one”?.
Did we try rebooting that guy?

There’s a known issue with the new software, the rotary option can appear to be disabled but actually still be on. There’s a tab where you set the diameter for a rotary part, you have to ‘read’ the setting from the laser, turn it off, and ‘write’ it back. That usually does it.

A reset or power cycle should fix the smaller laser.

3 Likes

this fixed it. was a bit confused for a minute there.

1 Like

@Team_Moderators can you add resolved to the title?