Resin printer status?

@Team_3D_Fab

What’s the status on the resin printers in 3d fab?

Are they operational?

-Jim

I going to edit my original NO. The Formlabs printer work sporadically, the pasrtt that break are the same parts that have broken the last 2 times we have sent it in for repairs (600.00 worht). At the last meeting we decided to get a less expensive printer that if broken could just be replaced. I will post in the next week or so the progress of this. As far as the formlabs go, formlabs will not sell the parts for do it yourself fixes, I asked about this and was told NO. John Gorman has had luck with this in the past so I asked him to look into it, if not we are going to sell the formlabs as is.

Is there an ETA by chance?

We’ve had some member drop and I know of others holding off until we get SLA capabilities back; for the ones dropping I’m hoping that if it’s soon enough we can convince them otherwise.

We have SLA capabilities, PR has a resin printer. As far as an ETA, we will know after the next 3D fab meeting

but is that available to the general membership?

That would
be a question for PR

So we should tag @apparently_weird

Weren’t we going ahead on the purchase of the Mars testbed printer? So it’s just waiting
the purchasing+delivery time?

Pending board approval

It is not available to general membership due to a number of different reasons. A cabinet has been requested to lock it up.

so that is stays working? :wink:

2 Likes