Resin print troubleshooting

I’m having trouble printing what should be an easy part and I thought I’d ask the community for suggestions.

All suggestions are appreciated. TIA.

Random parts of the details are … missing. I assume they’re breaking off but don’t have any evidence. If you look at the photos you will see that a portion of the waffle-shaped plate is missing. Always that plate - but random sections. These are the last layers to print.

I’ve printed this exact stl with the same supports using a different resin (and its specific settings) with 100% success rate.

There are two slightly different pieces. I got one good “bottom” piece but still can’t get a good top one - which is just a mirror image.

Printer: Elegoo Mars 3 Pro
Resin: Senertek Wax V3
Vat: Brand new - only used once. FEP film is pristine.
Four parts per batch

What I’ve tried:

• It’s not separating from the build plate or the supports so I don’t suspect the supports or the raft.
  • I did a cone calibration test so I think my exposure is good. I also tried different exposures with no impact.
  • Reduced the lifting speed. No impact.
  • Changed build plate locations (center vs. off-center).
  • Rotated 90 degrees on build plate.

Do you print them parallel to the build plate? if so, maybe try tilting them 15 degrees or so. I have issues sometimes printing things that are parallel with the plate

2 Likes

That worked! Seems counter-intuitive but it solved my problem. Thanks.

3 Likes