Reserved parking spaces

http://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1209&context=delpf

No, official reports from the Department of the Navy.

I Bellevue that one pear of the old Hensley fiel in Grand
Prairie is a superfund site

Back in old days yes that was true - along with many other non military firms

in the modern world - it doesn’t happen - certainly not intentionally

1 Like

But many, if not most, of these bases were operated back in those old times, and those environmental presents are still their for the recipients of this government largess to have to deal with.

in those “old times” wasn’t what my replay was referring to.
The current military is quite different from the early days in regards to how everything is disposed of.

civilian firms probably beat the “evil military” for dumping etc across the country - so?

I have a family member who worked in one of the bomb factories during WWII, who told me that at the end of the day/shift they would just dump the remaining melted TNT left in the pot directly onto the ground and let it soak in.
Yeah, it may have taken a “small” project to clean that up years later…

2 Likes

what they didn’t “know” way back when…

Yes, they did, but accepting free or cheap land from the gubmint that used to belong to the military is a great way to end up with ENORMOUS bills to clean the place up.

IMO, the gubmint does this to shift the blame/attention/responsibility to someone else. Garland wants tax revenue for this land… period.

Walter,

It is still a “free” country and therefore you are welcome to your opinion - as am I.

Personally I don’t think the “govt” or civilian companies intended to “poison the land” in the days of yore.
I also don’t believe the govt intentionally conspired to offset the cleanup costs to anyone.

There are those folks TODAY that accept free or cheap homes, cars, land, etc and FAIL to do their homework / due diligence are at fault - I hear it all that time that someone got a “dirt cheap deal” on a vehicle but felt they got screwed later because it had “hidden problems” - tough shit if they didn’t get a pre purchase evaluation first.

Garland or any other city etc want more tax revenue - gee that is a surprise (don’t get me started on the flurry of greedy fockers called “developers” and their shake and bake shopping centers and “master planned” communities.

4 Likes

Hey I work for those greedy fockers. Ok, never mind, tru dat.

I always thought that PZ had a big foam roller or inkstamp that they just followed the roads with. You could be plopped down in most metro areas and you would not notice much difference as long as there was a McDonalds on the corner.

3 Likes

Just about any time staff proposes changes to zoning definitions, they will pull up adjacent municipalities ordinances, and usually a high end nearby municipality, and sometimes one they consider an example of how not to do it. Then the compare and contrast with new proposed definitions will be presented to both P&Z, and council in turn.

No wonder they look so similar. And most upper city management around here all went to the same school and the same masters program.

Rumor has it, I usually can type. Evidence today (see edit history) is that I can’t.

1 Like