Requesting leather intro class

Good day,
I’m Gage, a new member. My goals and interests primarily focus on leather craft and jewelry making.
I am requesting a leather intro, and eventually a skills oriented class.
I see Jewelry classes are already on the calendar.
Thanks!

Do you already know how to work leather? If so, our basic “here’s how to use our area” class is on Learn, which is on the Member Portal drop-down on the front page of our website. On the phone, that’s the hamburger at the very top of the screen.

@Team_Creative_Arts – I didn’t see a team for just leather…

1 Like

I took a class at a Tandy Leather to learn how to make a super hero mask a few years back, and I’ve watched some how to videos here lately. I have limited hands on experience. I’m happy to continue to teach myself, but the tools insist an intro to leather working class be taken before using the tools.

https://learn.dallasmakerspace.org/login/index.php

Hi Gage,

I should be up Thursday evening this week to do some leatherworking myself. If you already have some experience and just need to get signed off on using the equipment I can run you through the shortened crash course 1 on 1 to get you access.

1 Like

Thank you for making yourself available. Unfortunately, Thursday evenings are almost always booked for me. Please, let me know if you have any alternative availability, and I’ll try to make myself available.

No worries. the next time I will be up at DMS with some free time should be on Saturday the 29th. sorry its not any sooner than that but if that changes I will let you know.

Do you know about what time you’re planning to be at the space tomorrow? @Lordrook

My class should be over at about 12pm so I would be free to get you checked out on the equipment after that. It might take 30 minutes tops to go through the safety and intro information and you would be free to immediately use the equipment.

2 Likes