Request to purchase tape measures and right angles

1. I found two of our tape measures with bent “teeth” at the end of them that was throwing off measurements by 1/8 of an inch. Pics are below. I will throw them away if I get the green light. I suggest the next tape measures we purchase should have teeth that go straight up and down so that it is obvious when the teeth are misaligned.

2. Right angle rulers (the ones that you use to make a straight line at 90 degrees from a straight edge). Reason being I’ve never seen more than two floating around the space. Pic of one below for reference.

right angle

1 Like

Thanks for catching this.

Please don’t throw them away, the hook can be bent back into shape. If it’s any help, I generally start all my measurements with a space tape measure at either the 10” or 12” point so I’m not dependent on the accuracy of the hook. Given we have the cheapest tapes offered on Amazon, I try to circumvent manufacturing accuracy issues like this.

We should have 3 or 4 speed squares that are wood shop’s, but they do migrate and are hard to find so that’s understandable. I’ll see if I can find some cheap ones and add them to our next order.

1 Like

Harbor Freight has pretty decent metal speed squares, cost effective and they are quite accurate.

I have one I bought that I keep in my welding bag and use quite frequently.

1 Like

Hey those are $2 cheaper than Amazon. Nice find. How accurate are they?

As for the measurement markings, I’ve never really checked it against a couple measuring tape.

However, I can say that the straight edges, 90° and 45° matches up almost perfectly to my 90° fixture clamps and my 14" compound miter saw.

1 Like