Request for machine shop training

I am looking to get signed off to use the soft metals saw and a milling machine. I have used similar machines before but I am definitely not an expert. I am available Tuesday or Wednesday at or after 4:30PM. If anyone could help out and show me these I would greatly appreciate it.

The Mill (Bridgeport) is taught by @BobKarnaugh, but 1st you must begin training on the prepared materials, and prove you are worthy by answering the quiz in the form of a magical term which you construct using the letters of the answers. Submit this password to Bob, and when he has enough interest, he schedules a Class.

“When the student is ready, the Master appears”

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Category:Machine_Shop#Bridgeport_Training_Material

Lots of info on Machine Shop in Tim’s post on the about page:

Thanks to both of you for the answers! I will review the materials when I have the time, take the quiz, and then contact Bob.

The “contact Bob” part is actually emailing in your answers to the group email box. Once we all get those answers in we’ll start asking you about scheduling and one of the instructors (probably Bob lol) will meet up with you.

1 Like