Reporting Needed Attn in April 2024

Just out of curiosity, who’s in charge of repairs? There’s a couple of problems I noticed but should I bother to report them until the 17th? They’re not really a big deal (well except for the laser alignment) and we have been coasting along for some time now, but I have a project I’d like to run and I don’t want to waste material if I can avoid it. Don’t get me wrong, this is not a complaint, it’s just a very weird situation and I am just asking.

@steve_a it is an unusual situation, but DMS is accustomed to dealing with the unusual. Please use the normal Issues & Requests channel. After the next BoD meeting, @jphelps(Infra) & @jast(Talk_Admin) can legally do their things to address who gets notified.

We will be standing up a @Laser_Support identity(unless stopped for what ever reason) that can be used for reporting or inquiries. This will the alert the proper support personel within Laser.

Please feel free to ping me with your request or I might see you today morning at the space.

2 Likes

I thought when reporting Issues and support were to tag @Team_******** to notify the group responsible.

Howard, we are working through everything. I was just attempting to make a point that there will soon be a process. The team_***. might not 100% across the board. We will figure this all out in due time. We will have signage in the area when we know more:)

The board just needs to formally confirm - this happens with all elections.

https://source.dallasmakerspace.org/display/RULES#RulesandPolicies-ChairElections

Chair Elections

1. Committees shall meet and vote on a Chair to nominate for confirmation by the Board of Directors
  2. In advance of the May and November Board of Directors meetings
  3. When directed to do so by resolution of the Board of Directors
  4. The winning candidate shall become Chair-Elect and assume the duties of the Chair
  5. The Chair-Elect shall appoint a Vice Chair Elect who assume the duties of the Vice Chair
  6. The Board of Directors shall consider the committee’s nomination of the Chair Elect at the soonest convenient Board Meeting, and may opt to do one of the following:
    a. Confirm the Chair-Elect, upon which the Chair-Elect and Vice Chair-Elect become Chair and Vice Chair, respectively
    b. Reject the nomination of the Chair-Elect and appoint a different Chair, whom shall name a Vice-Chair
    c. Reject the nomination of the Chair-Elect and direct the committee to hold another election which shall occur at the next scheduled committee meeting

When a member has a confirmed status change with regards to Chair or Officer or BOD IT will be asked to go into all sorts of systems and make the relevant updates.

I’d say @SWA was spot on here though when he said use the standard Issues and Request Category on talk to report any problems with machines.

1 Like