Reminder! Look with your eyes and not with your hands!

This is one of two pieces we found damaged this evening. Both pieces were last worked on this past Sunday afternoon and placed on the shelves well back from the edges. The piece pictured had the rim snapped off when (most likely) someone tried to pick it by the rim. Since the piece was only bone dry, it was unable to handle the stress and broke. The other piece (not pictured) was dented in on one side from someone knocking into it or pushing something into it.

Please remember: Do not touch anyone else’s pieces and be careful around the shelves. If you are placing pieces on the shelf, please be aware of other pieces already there and make sure you have enough clearance so no work, including yours, gets damaged. I know there are times when pieces need to be shifted around to make more room. If this needs to be done, please get someone who knows how.

Accidents happen in a community studio. If you damage someone’s piece, please leave a note explaining what happened.

4 Likes

I am so sorry. That really sucks.

The honorable thing would have been to leave a note of apology.

Greenware looks durable and it is not.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, the break is disappointing but I can roll with it. It’s just clay, I can always throw another bowl. Plus, I’ve some ideas for the piece that can work with the break and take advantage of the clay body.

The lack of note, however, is what really bothers me about the whole thing.

The other damaged piece wasn’t mine. I’m certain it was a separate accident, but also with no note. That piece was still wrapped and soft enough it could be thrown back to round. With luck, the distortion won’t reappear at firing.

2 Likes

Oooo sorry this happened. I agree the person that did it should have left a note.

1 Like