Reminder: Do Not Leave Plasma Cutouts

Reminder that plasma cutouts are not considered scrap here, and must be removed when you are done with the machine.

It doesn’t have to go home, but it can’t stay here.

This one was left last week and I found someone just tucked in a corner rather than taking out to the dumpster.

2 Likes

More useful material left behind than some of the laser scrap I used to see, however not arguing against committee rules and scrap steel is more troublesome to deal with than scrap 1/4" plywood, masonite, sheet plastic.

If they cutout the usable sections we would be fine, but they didn’t.

When the plasma is already running it’s easy to use the QuickCut mode to take out the usable sections.

But in its current form it’s a lot of space, weight, and effort for cleanup.

2 Likes

Sounds like something that should be emphasized in the classes. I hadn’t thought of it before, but it seems like a really good idea. Nice to have some usable small pieces around for quick on-offs.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be, and the scrap area has a sign on it. There was a sign with the old plasma but I hadn’t made a new one for the new plasma still

1 Like

I’ll make sure to mention it in the safety class as proper etiquette.

1 Like

I cut out a large amount of the usable sections and placed them in the scrap, chucking the rest

It’s not that hard, especially when you plan ahead on your material.

3 Likes

Would you mind tagging the bigger scrap piece and putting it with classroom for the yard art class? Looks to be decent size (if its still there)

The metal wasn’t mine, but I’ve made a mental note to do that in the future since I tip toed around it more than once and was unsure how to handle it

Thanks! I used some of this yesterday after the class. DT