Remember that one time at Makerspace? A fill in the blank game

I remember this one time I had this plan to have a creative beard growing judging contest to just have fun with it. Categories for every type of beard, creatively made beards…
Even asked Michael Paskar to mock up some trophies.

Ps this never happened due to life complications.

What are other memories you hold dear from Dms? Tell a story.

I

4 Likes
Mod Note: Content May Offend Some Viewers

The Faceless Fuck :rofl::rofl: with @Haley_Moore going “wtf” at it

1 Like

Remember that one time we bought snacks for the kitchen by the pallet? It was outsourced soon after…

Remember that one time Paul needed a 6 foot breaker bar to replace the timing belt on his Civic?

Remember that one time Alex and Robert broke the brand new copier?

Remember that one time Alex and Robert fixed the brand new copier?

Remember that one time we imported a laser from China?

Remember that one time there was a donation of beer?

14 Likes

Lovely memories! I remember the donation of beer. I think that picture was just one of several pallets. I know I was able to fill up the back of the SUV and pass some out to friends, and I’m pretty sure one of those cans is still sitting in the kitchen waiting to be used as marinade or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Remember when we had to replace the transformer out back and the power went out?

2 Likes

Remember when Mitch Cerroni & Ryan Caldwell had a Taco Bell dinner date to raise money for the Maker Fellowship Fund?

11 Likes

Remember that one time at Makerspace we installed the new projector and told @lukeiamyourfather that if anything happens, we’re catching the projector and not him?

Remember that one time at Makerspace a giant stuffed horse was made and Christopher Carson and I took glamour shots?

Remember that one time at Makerspace we all went to the fair and this happened?

Remember that one time at Makerspace we went to a trebuchet contest and won and the Mach 5 was there?

Remember that one time at Makerspace there was an extreme game of topple going on?

Remember that one time at Makerspace we did a pinewood derby and I made a semi truck?

Remember that one time at Makerspace George RR Martin stopped by to give @themitch22 acting tips?

Remember that one time at Makerspace @AlexRhodes, @Bill, @themitch22, and I did a mad dash to get a booth ready in Dallas?

I have plenty more memories but, these ones stick out.

7 Likes

Remember when the pallets of Girl Scout Cookies were dropped off?

5 Likes

Remember when some anonymous group might possibly have tested a trebuchet in the back parking lot?

2 Likes

No. I do remember when @PearceDunlap dropped off pallets of beer and they disappeared in a matter of minutes. lol.

1 Like

Remember the time the Ice cream explosion occurred during open house?

What about the time some silly individual built a pancake printer and had half a dozen people trying to determine the expansion rate of the batter to improve the extrusion process?

8 Likes

Remember Open House?

From 2018…

Thanks @Webdevel

2 Likes

Yep, & the looks on my kids faces.

They loved the Large Nintendo too.

How about the using of the cordless to spin the cotton candy

Or @rablack97 bad ass arcade he built.

7 Likes

2016 DMS Dumpster Fire
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/dumpster-fire-behind-auto-shop/8263

And just think - we have new dumpsters.
Bigger, fresh coat of paint, just waiting…

5 Likes

What about the time somebody set the trash can in Metal Shop on fire? That was about the same time…

2 Likes

Remember (September 18, 2018) when the new 15 Ton A/C system was installed in the new expansion of DMS. This was one day after we signed the new lease agreement.

Remember (July 19, 2019) when the Fire Department showed up…false alarm. The contractors that were installing the new Fire Alarm system set off the alarm themselves by accident. Yea…sure. But, the system worked!

Remember (March 18, 2020) when 5,520 of the N95 Masks were donated to the City of Carrollton Emergency Manager to assist with the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Remember (approx. April 10, 2020) when 1,463 additional N95 Masks were donated to Parkland Hospital to assist with the COVID-19 Pandemic.

10 Likes

This whole thread is making me miss the space even more :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Hey that trashcan shouldnt have been filled with paper. Near the grinders. Uncovered.

Good thing there was scrap metal nearby to smother it

3 Likes

I actually got out bid on that, i think I bid like $40 as well!

1 Like

Of course I remember:

I use the wok to this day too!

3 Likes