Registered Professional Engineer?

Did you contact OSHA to file a formal complaint or simply talk with your employer and his lawyer?

1 Like

They supplied me with copies of OSHA documentation stipulating that employers of <10 employees were not subject to all of OSHA’s rules, and that OSHA may only allowed to be involved in an “advisory capacity” in some instances. As I recall, it involved “reasonable economic hardship” for the business. Independently verified by yours truly at the local library. (World wide web wasn’t then what it is now, though subsequently I have also verified same on the web; not recently, though).
I did not actually have a problem I felt needed addressed. I simply thought that if they thought they were exempt, they should be able to prove it. So I did not contact OSHA.
EDIT: for clarity/corrections of phrase
EDIT II: Re: contacting OSHA directly

EDIT III:
Everything I can find now specifically states that a complaint or serious injury are reasons OSHA can assert authority, and anything which references older versions of exemptions appears to no longer be applicable. Therefore, I concede 100% that if DMS hires an employee and the employee is injured or files a complaint OSHA may have authority and it might extend to compliancy over the entire space. The board should already have spoken with legal/labor reps on this, though, making this entire discussion moot.

EDIT IV: Spelling/grammar