Recommended tools for an Ender 3 pro

I thought about putting this article in my printer thread but decided it deserved a thread of its own. Recommended tool set for the Ender 3 pro. Some of these tools are what I use because I only have one hand. I will include them just to show what I figure everyone needs.

#1.You will definitely need this.

Extruders.png​

While the Extruders are very handy , the tungsten needles are even more so as they will clear an extruder so you you may not even need to replace it.

#2 if you do need to replace the extruder I highly recommend this tool:

6mm nut driver.png​

I accidentally crossed threaded one of the extruders when I replaced it , I was terrified I was going to have to replace the whole print head which is beyond my capability. It also lets you replace the extruder while the head is hot the nut driver will cool the head making it much easier to screw into the hot head. It also allows you to center the extruder tip into the printer head much better if you have plastic in the threads of the hot end within that temperature the plastic actually becomes a sealant and a lubricant. For many people this is a no brainer It is not a bad idea to buy a full set of metric wrenches on the small scale I bought these.

Metric wrench set.png​

They are much much better than the wrenches included with Extruder tips add the 3D printer. And then there are the three inch forceps, Larger sizes are also useful. This allows you to rotate the filament when you are trying to thread the printer.I tend to buy mine from Harbor Freight.

3 inch forceps.png​

another part that deserves honorable mention is the Bowden tube. the tube that comes with the kit is inferior and you may need to replace it occasionally plus getting two new connectors doesn’t hurt either.

Bowden tube.png​

5 Likes

If I could find someone who was physically able of servicing this printer I would be much happier I really do not like the current printers method of filament feed. I live in Garland which is a fair distance from the space. Being paralyzed on my left side as I am makes doing basic things on this printer very very difficult.