Recommended paint shops

I may need to give my Ridgeline a fresh coat. Long term want to do Kevlar, but that may not happen for a while. In the interim I need to give it something to cover all the spots that have worn.

Given the long terms plans for Kevlar the cheap-skate maaco job crosses the mind, but it still makes me shudder.

Who knows of good places in the area for auto painting? I’m not necessarily looking for the best, but something reasonable.

1 Like

Too bad you can drive it into the powder coat oven…
Or do a resin pour.

Edit: Does it matter what part of town/area the shop might be?

1 Like

I’m not too picky. I expect wherever I go it’s gonna be a drop off anyway. I’ll strip most of the accessories before bringing it in too

1 Like

Not really in DFW, but I had excellent results with a dent removal and repaint on my truck from The Painting Place in Lucas, TX (where I live).

Lucas is east of Allen, TX. They are located about 6 miles east of 75 north at Bethany Rd. They don’t have a web site but they do have a Facebook page.

The work was flawless and several years later the paint patch still matches the original paint job perfectly.

3 Likes

I can put you in touch with a friend in the Denton / Krum area if you likecamaro%20john%20repair%20and%20painted 56%20oval

Jim,

The camaro is a drag car and was wrecked earlier this year, John repaired it and did the body and paint work. Black and dark colours show any imperfections…
The blue 56 Beetle was a frame off restoration/semi custom that he did all the body and paint on. He is on the left in the photo - he still sports the “mullet” to this day.

2 Likes

Have had good luck in the past w/ https://www.yelp.com/biz/carrollton-paint-and-body-carrollton

1 Like

Bergman’s, which is very close @ Valley View and 35, does excellent work. I think they were charging $45/hr for body/paint work a few years ago, which isn’t especially cheap but the level of quality that you get for that price is very good. Highly recommended.

1 Like

Hell 45$ an hour is cheap for skilled labor. Especially if that includes all the overhead cost.

4 Likes