Recent Interlock Issues

The recent interlock issues have been induced by switch failures.

If you have a problem that you believe is interlock related, please do the following:

1. Post in the “Issues and Requests” category tagging @team_interlocks
  2. Note the exact time of the failure, preferably to the nearest minute. If you don’t have your phone handy, there is a dandy ‘atomic’ (WWVB corrected) clock on the wall across from the Shark Lathe (outside of blacksmith area.) This lets us identify the issue in logs more quickly.

b9fe5936f8d58286942ede59427ed299a1331590_2_375x500

1. swipe your badge on another interlock that should work and include that result in the post. This helps isolate interlock problems from network problems. If two don’t work, this a network issue is more likely.

And please swipe your badge when you are done working with a machine on any interlock to “lock out.”

3 Likes

FYI: The root cause of some of the recent issues were site level power failures. IT has taken steps to mitigate switch failures and power failures however after any long duration power failure it’s going to take some time, perhaps up to 20 minutes, for systems to restart and for interlocks to begin working again.

I have a spare APC UPS that could serve as a failover to help bridge those gaps if y’all would like to hook it up. It’s only rated for 600VA but that should be fine for a switch. I can bring it by this week if this is of interest.

1 Like

Thank you however, as I mentioned previously, this has already been addressed.

600w UPS units are going to be too small for our switch plant and we really want to stick with rack mount gear. If anyone has larger capacity rack mount UPS units to donate we could potentially use those.

1 Like