Really Big Crimper

I need to crimp ring terminals on 4 - 8 AWG wire. Do we have anything that will do this?

I did some rooting around last night and didn’t spot anything, but I didnt find many crimpers.

I have a set you can borrow. Providing you don’t mind indent style.

Also auto has a hydraulic set.

2 Likes

Automotive has a hydraulic crimper with dies in that size range. The dies aren’t exact fits, rumor has it they’re made to metric wire sizes (mm2) and the manufacturer just stamps the closest AWG number on them. Plan on testing a crimp first before crimping anything that’s difficult to replace.

3 Likes

I’ll look at automotive’s set next trip there. I’ll bet I can make it work. I need to source some welding cable and clamp first. I think I may already have terminals.

Thanks.

Back when I was doing custom stereo systems anytime I ever had to do O-rings on 0, 2 or 4 gauge wire I would just use a vise.
Crumpet down with the vise, rotate 90° and roll the crimp then Slide the boot over and go on to the next one.
Never had a single one fail.

How much cable and what size do you need? I have some sizeable scraps.

My measurement says 18 feet.

This is for a work ground clamp cable for the CNC Plasma cutter. At least 8 AWG and probably 4 at the biggest.

Not sure if I have 18 feet but I definitely have some 6AWG. I’ll check how long and get back to you

No luck. Sorry

Not a problem. I suspect we can get some from Metroplex Welding. I need to get by there for other reasons. Unfortunately it’s not likely to be this week,