Ready for the next Training Development SIG Meeting?

The last one went well, but we all agreed that another meeting is needed.

I apologize for not following up on the latest e-mails that went out about it, my week has been hectic.
Also I think that discussion of Training Development (TraDev) should take place here on Talk that way we can benefit from the collective brainpower of DMS and we have a record we can reference.

@Haley_Moore created a form that could be really useful to determining demand of classes! (you rock!) :mage::metal::brain::comet:
Excited to see that get put into place!

I FINALLY figured out how to remote into the jump server, so a video tutorial on that will be coming soon! (windows only, if someone wants to help me with tuts for other OSā€™s Iā€™d be happy to work with you)

Also I narrowed down the number of tools that could benefit from online training, maybe we can prioritize them at the next meeting.

When I get some more time I can post my notes and we can pick out some topics to focus on for the next meeting.

In the meantime Iā€™d like to get another date on the calendar.
This weekend is kind of short notice, so how does Sunday the 6th sound?

One of the committees that could benefit the most from some TraDev (Laser) is having a meeting/workday on the 6th which I will be at, so the meeting would need to start after that.

2 Likes

Is/will there be minutes or a summary? I had a meeting elsewhere at 1 and did not get to DMS in time.

@Haley_Moore was there and I believe she was taking minutes! (though I donā€™t know that we accomplished much beyond identifying goals and getting Alex to MANAGERIZE [not a word and I donā€™t care] us on the Moodle so we can start creating classes.)

I had a class at 5 when I had to leave. Not sure what all was discussed after that. It felt like we were just getting started so I feel good about the next meeting!

1 Like

Daniel, we do a lot of training in Laser.
At Laserā€™s monthly meeting on May 6th, would you please speak about how TrainDev and Laser can work together?

Please reference the (excellent, in my opinion) cheatsheet at https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/JumpServerFAQ.
ā€œAllā€ OSes includedā€¦

Also, are we not going to use the existing TALK group @ Team_TrainDev for electronic discussions, or at least notifications of such?

You bet! Iā€™d also love to get feedback from team laser as to what they would like to see happen in that area.

1 Like

Itā€™s ok, could use one or two more screenshots.

The missing key that I did not see on the wiki is that I needed to put dms\ before my username the first time logging on. Stan told me that and I wouldnā€™t have gotten it without him.

Once I knew that, it was a breeze. I think that could all be put into a DMS specific tutorial video that might be less than a minute long.

The Training subcommittee is meeting on a private thread to work on new training/user materials. Look for an invite.

1 Like