Reactivated my Membership

I just reactivated my membership to DMS and I am wondering – what is the quickest way to get a new fob and to gain access to the woodshop?

Do you no longer have the original fob? If you still have your fob, you can re-activate it yourself from MakerManager/Badges, which you can find from the Member Portal on the main website (top right corner). You’ll need to sign in with your user name (not your email), and type in the number. (I left out a couple of steps.)

If you don’t have the old fob, we’ve taken to leaving some in the mail box outside the main door. Lift the “flap”, and there should be some in there. On your phone, the Member Portal is the very top hamburger.

Once you’ve got a fob activated, it just depends on where in the cycle the woodshop machines are. I think that they reload the current access database hourly. If you think you should have access to a machine, and it doesn’t let you in in an hour, then first you should check your statuses. Somebody posted a link for how you can get that online. My personal recommendation (since I assume that you’re standing in the Space when you want to check) is to go to the little RFID reader on the table in the Common Room (right next to the Lost and Found shelf) and tap your badge there. If your list goes by too fast, you can print it out. If the machine is there and you still don’t have access, then it may need a cold boot.

3 Likes

Thank you for you help. I went up today and a couple of really nice people help me out. I just hope I can access the machine i need the next time I visit.

1 Like