RC Request to move to workshop

I saw on the next board agenda a request to relocate from room 1 into the workshop, any ideas on where exactly?

Was looking at the map, and could take the corner next to the dock leveller door, that way could move the one pallet rack from over jewelry to that location (the DPRG storage rack that we are contractually obligated to keep on site would stay over jewelry)

Or maybe take some space from science?

I am okay with either spot. I wasn’t totally sure where we could move to when I added the item, but I wanted to at least get the ball rolling. If Science Committee is willing to give up some space that would be awesome, but I don’t want to force anything.

Instead of moving anything, why not simply allocate some currently undeclared space?

1 Like

I would warn RC, that spot is not an upgrade.

I’m in Hatcher’s all the time and the area in front of our door is often completely blocked over there. Also, the table in that corner is a junk gathering spot for Automotive, Air Tools, and Other Junk as well the gantry lift lives in this corner. Lastly the movable dock plate will forever annoy you as it bump, moves and makes noise from the half inch to full inch of movement it makes when locked.

@Brandon_Green good thinking with the suggestion, it is a spot in the warehouse I’m sure few would fight to steal. :smile: My points are only warning you are able to over come the issues with diligence and organization.

I would keep in mind anywhere you move should have a camera on it, especially with drones and drone parts to steal (like my nano qx on loan).

The potential concern of being in the middle next to pallet storage is that then your tables might be used as general work space, you should painters tape out an area next to pallet storage to see how it looks and post pictures. Moving the RC pallet rack shelf over jewelry to that new location could help define the boundaries and help keep random things off your tables (I think they are 8’ x 3’).

1 Like

what about where the white lockers where for ever and a day of course its small and would be close to the main door

1 Like

@hasbridge

I think this would be a great spot for RC - assuming you can control “other stuff” from accumulating in the area…

:slight_smile:

Originally uploaded by @wandrson

In the center of pallet storage seems like a bad idea, its frequently used by devices needing the 208 run to that pillar and would most likely get bumped a ton by large stuff moving in and out of the nearby areas.

There had been talks about moving RC when the big room gets re arranged, are you trying to move out of the front room completely?

1 Like

How is it getting rearranged?

@Brandon_Green You should talk to @danielle_burbidge and the PR chaps

Sounds like PR planning would be relevant to this topic of where to move RC, they should post ideas here.

That is where ladders presently live, coincident with Small Metals deciding to occupy the entirety of their space.

If the threatened promised committee chair meeting ever happens, that would be a good venue for planning this. Or maybe we should just have a South Workshop Committees meeting since Science is also planning a vent hood which will present some logistical and infrastructure challenges.

Some of us were “brain storming” … maybe foggy weather a better description. How about this:

Move the IKEA cabinet with the monitors and the lost and found shelf over to where RC is, and RC along the wall there. That puts it out of the traffic path and their equipment isn’t out in the dirty workshop environment.

Just a thought.

3 Likes

I propose this location, after moving the edge of science back 18 inches there would be enough room to put the pallet rack here

Science is already constrained as it is. Taking space away from that area is a bad idea. If items are still moved please move them back to where they were. Thanks.

2 Likes

Optimizing science’s usage to free up 10 square feet on the end would be easy, just move the tape out 6 inches along the ~20 foot length. Science wouldn’t lose anything, just shifting so DMS can make better use of the space that is currently wasted on the end

And can you say with a straight face science has no room to spare when in my picture is an unorganized 8 sq foot pile of stuff? I believe in science, I think they can do better.

If i may suggest a spot, right next to the automotive shelf is a table that is the perfect size for RC.
but that’s just my opinion, which hold as much weight as air ^^

RC Request to move to workshop

1 Like

I believe the storage rack would not fit there . But some one correct me if im wrong