Rats! Rats! Millions of them!

Yep used several different foods.

Also keep in mind rats & mice can climb brick.

My owls havent been around the past 2 years :frowning:

At one point we had 8 fledglings calling our silver maple home.

Later this spring i hope to dredge my pond and redo it, in the hopes it makes those birds happy to come back. Ive also noticed the rabbit population in the neighborhood is down compared to say 5 years ago.

That sucks. I wonder if they moved to a nicer area:

1 Like

Hey Hanna,
Don’t you have a custom rat control system you developed?
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I live on a creek, and I have had raccoons, opossums, rats and squirrels in my attic at various times in the last 35 years. To absolutely positively drive them out, use ammonia.

1. Find where they are getting in, but leave it open.

2. I just stand on the ladder into my attic and use a squirt bottle to wet the surface of the roof with fresh, lemon-scented ammonia (it does not have to be lemon scented, just my preference). When the fumes get too strong for me I leave, and close the attic door.

3. Long before I have to leave I always hear a great commotion and the varmints vacate the premises at high velocity.

4. Thoroughly block the opening. Problem solved, for the time being. Ammonia does not leave a residue, and it does not hang around for long in a hot attic. I usually cannot even smell it inside the house after a couple hours.

Rats are stubborn, and will probably keep trying to get in. Get a big cat. I never had varmint problems when I had a cat. I miss that cat.

7 Likes

Now we are getting somewhere. Chemical warfare.

3 Likes

Several years ago my husband and I both ended up four different things. When he was released he had to go to a handicap accessible room so we so we were we were out for several and boy did the I put out I put out some of the Rat killer you buy it and I thought that was just dinner. So so I asked some of my farming and brand what they did for to handle the problem of barn rats. They told me to go to a feed store and get a in sectors of Rhoda side called. It is not easy to find and unfortunately I could only find it in 1 lb boxes but you can order it off of Amazon. It’s less than $50 for a for a 1lb box this stuff works. Of course you don’t want to put it where animals have access to it and if you have outdoor cats you probably want to so they don’t get a hold of the poison rats. But I got control of my problem with him and mine was horrid of course they keep trying to come back in because I haven’t found all the

Well, for keeping them in and alive not out and dead.

I’ll drop some off by the space later today. Feel free to use what you need then put the rest in the free pile. I’m over working with hardware clothe at this point, it’s one of my least favorite materials

1 Like

Last time I used hardware cloth it was to reinforce a concrete footing for my mailbox. I pity the vehicle that collides with it.

1 Like

Here’s some hardware clothe stashed for you.

It worked to keep rats in so probably work to keep them out

1 Like

We had rats in my garage over the winter. I have ocd bad and cannot even go out there now. We are wanting to regain the space and I can’t even get myself out there to clean it and want to hire a remediation cleaner but haven’t yet.
As for ridding them, we did what everyone else did. Plugged the holes and trapped.

1 Like

Thanks, Hanna! I’ll grab it today.

“Honey, I think I hear something in the neighbors attic”

I’d take a class if the science group wanted to teach how to synthesize Zn3P2……I hear it works on all kinds of varmints….mice, rats, raccoons, ex husbands, ex wives, opossums, honey badgers, difficult humans, people that leave messes at the space….

1 Like