Questions about Bambulab X1C and filament drying

The last times I looked in the makerspace, I saw all of the bambulabs occupied. How often are they usually vacant? I only saw one or two bambulabs, but are there any others aside from those two?

As for printing with abrasive filaments like glow PLA or wood PLA, are we allowed to bring our own hardened steel nozzle to print those types of filament?

Additionally, does the makerspace have 3D filament dryers like this one?

We have two Bambu x1c printers . As I understand the rules from the class, any filament approved by Bambu Labs for use in the AMS filament system can be used at DMS in the Bambu printers. The x1c already has a hardened steel hot end that can handle abrasive filaments and members are not allowed to swap hot ends under any circumstances . I defer to @3dzignsprint for details but this is the information I recall from my training . And we do not have a filament dryer as far as I know .

1 Like

The rule is you may only use one of the Bambu Labs X1Cs at a time. You may not modify the system from the configuration it is in. That means you may not disconnect the AMS system or change the nozzle. You are allowed to use any filament that is approved by Bambu Labs as AMS safe. The nozzles on the printers are hardened Steel 0.4mm which will handle glow in the dark filament. You might need to increase the temp just a bit to get good results. We do not currently have a filament dryer however the AMS use do have a sealing gasket to keep them a bit more dry as well as we change the desiccant regularly.