Question for Basic Sewing students

I’m going to put up another Basic Sewing class on Wednesday 9/15. The question is – tote bags, a simple exercise in sewing straight lines, or aprons, a less-simple project involving using a pattern.

1 Like

My vote would be aprons, learning to properly read a pattern would be very helpful.

1 Like

I would be game for the apron class.

1 Like

I would enjoy a pattern based class. Seems to be my biggest hurdle going forward is reading and understanding commercial patterns

I really want a patterns class on how to read them and then sew the object. I would sign up in a heartbeat!

Okay. That’s 4 votes for the pattern class. It’s possible that this will need to be a 2-parter. First night explaining patterns, and, if we’re lucky, cutting out the aprons. Then a 2nd class where we really sew the things. Unfortunately, all my Sundays in September are already gone.

2 Likes

I too would take a pattern based class(es), however, I made a useful laundry bag in the sewing class I took. I still use it when I travel. Thank you Beth for teaching, it is much appreciated.

I, too, would be interested in learning anything I can about sewing, with the intent of being able to eventually create, from scratch, all the different parts I envision for the restoration of my little yellow '72 Opel GT’s custom interior. So I’ll gratefully take any and every course offered. Thanks Beth!!

1 Like