Question about Open Forge Signups

Hi! I have a question about Blacksmithing Open Forge Signups for December 12. Do I need to be signed up if I’ve already attended an intro?
I’m still new to blacksmithing but I attended an open forge about a month ago, so I’d like to show up and work but do I need to be signed up to do that? I’d hate to take the space of a new person unnecessarily.
Thanks!

Hi Daisy.

We put the open forge out for anyone to come work. The reason for sign up is to pay for materials. It is not a prerequisite to be able to use the induction forge or KMG, so you would still need to go to that to use the items.

If there is a slot available, you can sign up. Otherwise, if you want to come to see if we have a no-show, that is fine as well. I just want to make sure we have enough space for those that come.

This is especially true of you are NOT bringing your own anvil and tools - these tend to be the choke point (rather than gas forge access) during Open Forge.

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me! I’ve actually already signed up with an account that was linked to a family account that has since been terminated. I’ve set up a new account and everything, but would that spot still be reserved for me? Or do I need to worry about signing up again?

Hey that’s very good to know for future, thanks!

1 Like

If you are signed up, you are reserved.

Awesome, thanks!