Question about a class on the calendar

Hi, I am a new member and am still learning how everything works. I am interested in a class on the calendar, but would like to ask the instructor a question before I sign up. I don’t see contact information on the calendar, is there a way to contact instructors before you sign up for things?

Not directly.

Who is the instructor? Someone here can probably name their Talk handle.

3 Likes

Not as such at this time. Post here the class and/or instructor and we might be able to guide the two of you together here or alternate venue.

2 Likes

It is Daniel Wynne who is doing the leather notebook class on the 26th. It specifically states that the class is for 18 and up, but my 12 year old daughter would like to learn. I wanted to ask him if I took the class with her and we paid for two students if she could come. I assumed this was at instructor discretion, but maybe it is a Makerspace policy? Are children allowed to go to classes with parents if the instructors okay it?

1 Like

Hi that’s me.

I’m okay with this so long as you’re there with her. you’ll have to do all of the tool work (cutting and hole punching the leather) as a point of safety. I’m okay with her dying the leather and assembling the book. Hope you can make it!

4 Likes

Thank you, I will go sign up!

2 Likes

I just signed up, but it only let me sign up and pay for one person. Is there some way I can add another person and pay? If not, can I bring the $8 to class and pay you there? Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Did it say the class was full?

If so, it’ll be up to instructor (sometimes the are space, tool, materials, or logistic issues)

Normally I’d say you just need to sign up with different name, kiddo. But since class set to member only I don’t know that it’ll let you.

It might be that Steve @Lordrook may just have to ok you to come and pay at class or something…

It might help that yall are essentially sharing tools so it’s more issue of space/materials/instructor attention

1 Like

No, it doesn’t say it is full. When I go in, it says I’ve already signed up and the only choir gives me is to cancel my RSVP. Maybe I did something wrong?

I don’t think there’s an option to sign up multiple people with same login

The tricky part is since it’s membership required you can’t just login as a public person to make a separate reservation unless maybe you have a family membership and different logins (if you do, that’d be simplest)

Or if Steve just says come on and sort it out at class but risks going over class limit since someone else will get that spot, so dunno if he’s cool with it or not. He will have to say @Lordrook

@StanSimmons any ideas?

FWIW I took that class last night and really enjoyed

2 Likes

That is a limitation of the Calendar software. If the teacher selects DMS Members only, you can only do one entry per account.

3 Likes

Do you want to make two notebooks, or did you intend to collaborate on the one notebook?

1 Like

I would like us to both make notebooks if possible.

Stan is correct in that the calendar only allows one registration per member, however we do have enough materials that you could just pay for her materials manually in the CA room. I can help walk you through that if you need.

6 Likes