Q: Lift Certification, Tool Availability

Hello, I am new to the area and will be joining the group. I have an inquiry about getting lift certified and tool availability.

How do I get lift certified? I am planning on coming in tomorrow
Tools: Are there tools available? I would be looking for basic metric + torx sockets

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’ll be around tomorrow, and towards later in the day I can probably squeeze in a lift class. I’m hoping some of the other instructors can get some classes up since I’ve been pretty burned.

As for tools we have just about anything you could need. Only the lift needs training, but you do have to clean up messes, put tools back, take out your fluids for disposal, etc.

1 Like

What time would you be around? I am new to the group and would like to join tomorrow and get some work done!

@Dallas i would advise you to figure out who all is capable of granting clearance on the auto lift. classes are sporatic but it’s usually pretty easy to figure out who’s who and grab them on a slow day and ask them to clear you real quick. that’s what i did anyway! welcome and good luck!

I’ll be in for sure 12-6, but in gonna try and be around starting at 10 for tours.

1 Like

Hello, all. My son and I just joined last week. If anyone will be in this evening or tomorrow to give a primer and clearance to use the auto lift, we would love to come by to change the struts on my Camry. Otherwise, we can bring our floor jack and stands but not the most ideal. Let us know. I think we missed the folks who were giving lift certification earlier today.

Jason Ford (no relation to Henry, and yes, we drive Toyotas, not Fords).

1 Like

You don’t need training to use our floor jacks and stands, so leave yours at home unless you really want to use them.

I’d advise checking the automotive area camera to see if the left bay is open before showing up - or in the alternative, have a plan to kill time until it’s available. Weekend days are busy.

2 Likes

Thanks. Where do I check the cameras?

Oops NVM. Found it. :+1:

1 Like