Pure Sine Wave Inverters - Seeking Recommendations

I’m finally replacing my pure sine inverter on my truck. I’ve previously been a Samlex user for all things pure sine, however I know it’s gotten cheaper to make them over the years and wondering if any of the less expensive options are worthwhile.

I’ll be mounting it in the cab of my truck, and it will be fed off 12v (4s2p) Lithium banks.

Hard Requirements:

• 12v nominal input (no 24v units)
  • At least 800W of stable run w/ 1 kW surge
  • Thermal shutoff

Soft Requirements:

• weather resistant remote head
  • hardwire terminals (otherwise can just terminate a plug to use on the unit)

When you find out, let me know! I’ve been looking for one for a while. So far, the research I’ve done is Magnum, Samlex, SMA, and Schneider seem to be the “only” good quality options.

1 Like

I let you know tomorrow about the ones we use at work. I know they have to be good, & surely they cant be too expensive. For economic reasons.

We have been using the same brand for the past 5-6 years we have been using 12v to 120 inverters.

3 Likes

So the brand we use is ProMariner, I have not seen any issues with them at all since we have been using them for the past 7-8 years.
Here is a 1000 watt one

https://www.promariner.com/en/07100

The one we use is this one

If it matters, the Amazon listing for that one states "Filtered Quasi (modified) Sine Wave AC output. "

Yep, the first one is a pure sine wave though.

I’m kinda surprised we use the quasi. It feeds all of our electronics. I haven’t really dug into it because we dont have issues with the 120v side of things.

1 Like

I took a chance on a Xantrex several years ago to run a chest freezer for cheese delivery. Apparently they duplicated the setup for a second vehicle and both have been in regular use for a few years without issue.

I probably used a smaller one but the 1000W continuous model is here:

1 Like

I have been using this one for about a year for an off-grid solar system. The only issue I have is that the inverter shuts off when the input voltage drops below 11V and it requires a manual reset. That can be irritating for me since the off-grid system is at a remote site. 100% happy otherwise.

1 Like