Be Aware: I received an email with above subject line today. In other words, the emmeffers at Big Tech will again be pushing something at us that – and I am no world class internet security expert here – seems incredibly intrusive, unsafe, and privacy-molesting:
Anyhoo…according to email here’s how to disable if you want to, although if you do you will probably want to check back regularly to make sure it haven’t been re-enabled it for you (since, of course, they know what’s best for you):
To disable this feature, follow these instructions. You must have the latest version of the Alexa app on your phone to proceed.
- Navigate to the appropriate link below on your mobile device to get the latest version:
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/amazon-alexa/id944011620
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.dee.app&hl=en_US&gl=US
- To open the Alexa app, tap “Open.” Or tap “Install” or “Update,” then “Open” when complete.
- Sign into your Amazon account, if prompted.
- Tap More > Settings > Account Settings > Amazon Sidewalk.
- Turn Sidewalk off.