Prusa i3 MK2 3D Printer Build Workshop

The 3D Printer Build Workshop went well! Thank everyone that bought a kit and showed up. I know it was a very long day but I hope everyone got a lot of enjoyment out of it and have a good reliable printer.

I want to use this thread to let everyone show what they’ve printed with their prusa kits so far, as well as ask questions or troubleshooting.

I have been having very good results so far, with minimal issues.

9 Likes

I’ve been reading the new model is fantastic, looks to be the case!

2 Likes

Awesome turnout! @themitch22 ~ you should totally write a blog post about this! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hear hear!

Two men are walking along, chatting. The first one walks into a bar. The second one ducks.

1 Like

Loan one to 3D fab so we can try it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll bring it into the space eventually. It’s been chugging along. Now my problem is learning fusion 360 and figuring out what to print besides trinkets.

2 Likes

Our humble little printer, the Prusa i3 MK2, gets a glowing review and top honors in MAKE Magazine’s 2017 3D Printer Guide.

Kudos and thanks to @themitch22 for selecting this machine for our group build workshop, and for putting together the workshop. Clearly MAKE agrees with Mitch’s selection…

After the initial smooth-as-silk homing sequence, I knew that I should buckle my seat belt for one incredible joyride. Prusa Research has raised the bar for consumer 3D printing platforms while not breaking the bank. And with its total score of 36 points — more than any machine we’ve ever tested — the Prusa i3 MK2 became the machine all the testers wanted, and more than one of us went home and immediately placed an order.

http://makezine.com/product-review/prusa-i3-mk2/

3 Likes

Those of us who built the Prusa i3 MK2 may be interested in the MK2S upgrade kit, price at $50.

Anyone interested in group buy so we can spread out the $33 shipping costs? Maybe even have a deja vu upgrade party at the space?

I’m at MRRF right now I’ll ask Josef Prusa himself if he would be willing
to make us a deal on the upgrade kits.

1 Like

If you can make a deal, let me know and I’ll paypal you for the kit.

Anything neat and new to report from MRRF? If you get a chance, can you get some info on the latest in conductive filaments? Also, let me know if you see anyone who’s 3D printing rubber belts for vintage (8-track and cassette) tape drives.

Hello, I’m Joel Thompson. I wasn’t apart of the I3 Mk2 build workshop, but I also own an i3 mk2. I would also be interested in purchasing the MK2s upgrade kit to help save on shipping. I was just looking at it last night but didn’t order it because of shipping.

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to ask Josef Prusa. He was a cool guy though, I’m glad I got to meet him. I told him about our class and showed him my projects and octoprint using his printer.

The upgrade kits would be better as a group by I’m down for it. E3D also just came out with the Titan Aero extruder which is really nice, might be a good upgrade.

Would anyone be interested in a Rostock Max v3 (large Delta printer with auto-leveling) or H2 build class? I talked to the guys from SeeMeCNC and they’d help me out if I did one.

1 Like

I just purchased an i3 MK2s kit, but the estimated delivery time is roughly 7 weeks. Until then, are their items that I can fabricate or purchase, that you feel would aid in the assembly? Or nice upgrades, other than the Titan Aero that @themitch22 mentioned above?

Thanks…

I’ll have to pass on the Rostock, as I still haven’t begun to utilize my Prusa yet. Now if someone wants to do a build of a CNC tool such as the Shapeoko or lower cost equivalent - that would peak my interest.