Not to be a killjoy but realistic - it’s going to be a while. Our move is what will be driving much of all of this.
Do not expect anything prior to when CA moves and has fitted out its new space to ensure it has funds it needs. I would guess that will probably be around end of December sometime. I don’t expect any committees to actually move into 102 until construction is completed which will probably be around the end of November. Then a month for the committees to outfit their new area.
My GUESS as to time line. This assumes that all items are completed within these guesstimated times, whenever something takes longer it delays committee move in dates. These I consider optimistic.
- Mid September - Gain access to 102 Euphoria! Excitement! Then reality starts, we can’t start the build-out process until we have access. We may know what we’d LIKE to do for layout, until in there and getting final actual measurements and making adjustments, we don’t know.
- Minimum two weeks to get Architect/Engineering drawings so bidders know scope of work (10-1-2018) I think this is very optimistic for all that needs to be done.
- Minimum two weeks to get bids from contractors (10-15-2018)
- Minimum of one week and awarding work to contractor (10-21-2018)
- Minimum one month before work to be completed (11-21-2018)
- Two weeks for Committees move into space allocated and fitting out (12-7-2018)
- Then committee has to order printer, have it delivered, and training requirements prepared and classes conducted.
So I’d guess end of year before is best case. If any of these slip by a week, I’d be amazed if it is less than two weeks, then first week of January. There is a lot that has to happened.
There currently a building boom going on in North Texas and getting contractor to bid on what to them is a small contract may take some time or they will price high.