Proposed Class: Intro to Amazon Web Services

The first class is tonight at 7pm. The first part will be an overview of AWS and then a fairly long demo.

-Robert

2 Likes

Robert Jenks did a fantastic job presenting an introduction to Amazon Web Services to a group of more than a dozen people. This was a great introduction for people unfamiliar with the Services (such as me), and Robert also answered questions asked by more seasoned users. This was a really professional class and a definite asset for the DMS community. I have video that I shot of his lecture, but it needs editing for sound clarity.

1 Like

Thank you for teaching this class. I wish I could have attended, and I hope youā€™ll soon repeat it.

You can see Richardā€™s video of this presentation on the DMS server:
O:\committees\science\Video Presentations\Intro to AWS

I have seen it and it is very interesting what can be done with AWS. While the sound quality of the video is not the best, it is understandable.

I have cleaned up the audio and you can find it in the same file as the audio.

The powerpoint for the presentation is at: https://goo.gl/1WE5wG

2 Likes

Thanks, Andrew (@amacha)!

Hopefully, we will have something available to improve sound quality before our next class.

I am interested in exploring AWS with a few others, especially AWS CLI.
Nothing formal. :slight_smile:
I used it on my last contract and need to continue learning and practicing in-between.
Anybody else?

@noahcoad has held a couple fantastic AWS courses earlier this year.

Thanks for the tag @dougemes! And hello @HugoSmooth. If youā€™re interested in using Python ā€¦ thereā€™s a great framework call AWS Chalice that makes it easy. They have a walkthrough that connects 6 AWS services.

Hereā€™s the walkthrough:
https://chalice-workshop.readthedocs.io/en/latest/media-query/index.html

And hereā€™s a video where I show how to get set up and started:

Iā€™m interested in all things AWS, especially AWS CLI.
Iā€™ve got some good experience with EC2, API Gateway, and Lambda.

I will check out your vid on Cloud9ā€¦ havenā€™t explored that yet.

I will be offering full training AWS certifications @ DMS if the Government SBA grant is awarded to DMS. It will be announced on the 6th. Google Cloud & Azure as well.

1 Like