ProDemand on Source

@Team_Automotive I added the ProDemand as a tool to your Source. While I was there I also made a basic tool page for the lift.

All: The ProDemand software is something DMS is subscribing to and generally available to all members at DMS. Need some info to work on your vehicle? It’s a good place to start!

6 Likes

Thanks Jay!

Thank you sir
!

This is great for those of us that are members and make good use of the Space but is there a way to limit it to using it at the Makerspace?

I would not want someone to “use” (abuse more likely) access to this software via the Jump Server for use at his home based garage for profit etc.

It’s geo fenced to the space so you need to either use a computer from the Makerspace, or log into the members only Wi-Fi in order to use it

I worked with Mitchel1 to “IP Lock” it to our WAN address block; i.e. it will only work if the ProDemand servers see the source IP address belongs to our Frontier circuit.

It is accessible via JUMP or similar technologies and afaik that will not be a violation of their EULA.

Love that we have this as a resource! Personally, I am ambivalent about the use of it while physically offsite, but I think what Tom was getting at wasn’t the concern that non-members having access to it, but the moral hazard of allowing a home garage mechanic who fixes other’s cars for money joining DMS at a $60/month membership to get unlimited offsite access to professional-grade software/database that would normally cost $184/month for subscription.

You should discuss any such concerns with the Automotive team.

I think it’s an epic resource - thanks. I have used it via the Jump server from time to time so that I can get my car to the space to work on, so I find that access veery useful as it’s 60-90 minute round trip for me to get into the space.

2 Likes

lol…that’s what this thread is for. Good Grief.

Be respectful please.

Your post implies I wasn’t. Please explain how.

This post was to provide notice the product was available with a link to Source.

If you want to discuss potential abuse scenarios please start a different thread or I’d suggest going to an Automotive Committee Meeting and discussing it there.