Printer issues in general

I had 2 computers die on me last week, including my new to me netbook, which has crimped my computer use somewhat. My desktop which was my best machine, literally went up in smoke, scaring the be-Jesus out of my room mate. The new machine was still under warranty, I am waiting for the replacement. I was in the hospital when the new one died, I am down to my old worn out and broken laptop that refuses to die (thank you Lord).

About the hospital visit, it was a routine issue, no big deal.

I seem to have a problem communicating issues as I see them, this means I am seeing the same issues week after week on the same machines. I am going to continue documenting problems as I see them with pictures if need be. Expect me to be a lot more verbose (if possible) in my reports. My usual pattern is to work my way down the line of poly printers until I find one that works. Thanks to an appliance made for me by Mr Brandon(?) I am getting quite proficient in setting up a poly printer with one hand. @maxk68, what is his name and online name?

Much of the issues are with things that are no big deal for able bodied members, things like changing bed tape is not something I can do. Neither is resetting the octo print computers (unless someone brings a reset button that momentarily disconnects power to within easy reach?

Not all issues I bring up have to be handled by the 3D Fab committee members. Bed tape issues can be resolved by anyone. As can octo print resets. Just post a comment on the ticket if you’ve handled it.

So that leaves me with a question, should I write the issues up in the Issues & Requests category or in 3D Fab? The latter would probably get more eyeballs looking at it.

I like to design stl files. Mostly small custom appliances to improve my life. I am always willing to give a beginner a hand.

Write them up as an issue and request (one per printer) and tag (at)team_3DFab so they will be notified.

Note that I used (at) instead of @ so that I didn’t flag them on this post. You should use an @.

Put a date stamp in the title.

I like to put [Issue] at the front of the title as well. That can be changed to [Resolved] once fixed.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing.

1 Like