Print some envelopes using DMS printer?

So sitting here at Kinkos watching this poor guy trying to print some envelopes for me and it’s literally like watching the proverbial monkey and a football.

I could learn calligraphy and hand write them myself by the time this guy figures out how to use the printers here and yet he won’t allow me behind the counter to try and help.

Where have our technical skills gone in this country???

But I digress.

Has anyone printed envelopes using the manual feed tray at DMS? I’d be happy to make a nice donation to whichever committee ‘owns’ the printer if I can come by and print off my envelopes.

-Ian

3 Likes

Yes, you can print envelopes using the “MP Tray” on the side to feed them. It will do about 10 or so at a time.

Edit to add: B&W is a penny per, Color is ten cents per print. Money goes into the black Finance box on the wall next to the printer.

5 Likes

As an aside, I love that line. I usually add the adjective ‘greased’ before football.

:monkey: :heart: :oil_drum: :football:

1 Like

I have to ask; how are we handling the occasional B&W print? Do we need to drop a couple pennies in the box?

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Printers

<10 images (sides) BW = No charge
Color/>10 BW images = $0.10/image (side)
Payable in cash by noting on Envelope with note for “Infrastructure: Printing” dropped into Finance drop box

1 Like