Pre Loved Rotary Lifts

@sixshot357
@Team_Automotive

There is a semi local auction near the end of July that has 3 rotary lifts up for grabs. One is a drive on 4 post lift (think exhaust shop) rated at 12k.

There are two 2 post four arm lifts as well rated at 9k and 10k.

Any interest?

Personally I think a good samaritan should buy one or two and donate it to the Space.

5 Likes

I know folks have spoken well of the Rotary brand. And I know there was talk of getting a four post and another two post lift.

I suppose the biggest hurdle is logistics. Where would we stash them while the renovations are built out?

1 Like

At the current pace of renovations you’d have to store them indefinitely.

2 Likes

Yeah, it would be nice to have the rotary lift but it’s like Chris says the storage room we’re better off just with the current plan which is just buying the brand new one everyone else Including storing their crap in our future home

1 Like

When you say buy a 'brand new one" is it going to based on the lowest price possible or is quality going to be a consideration?

Makerspace has a history of buying brand new garbage before quality.

1 Like

Good quality, 10APX PRO - The Future of Two-Post Lifting - BendPak PRO-Series Lifts

What do we think they’ll go for? If we could save $3-$4k on a 10k two post lift from a good brand that’s probably worth the storage hassle.

2 Likes

But you’re going to have to store it somewhere for another 3, 4 or 5 years

Realistically the old Rotary lifts are a better deal. I doubt they will go above $2500 each.

The automotive department could realistically buy the 12k 4 post drive on lift and a two post 9k or 10k - two lifts for less than the cost of the one in the link Sam posted.

New is nice - and I am happy to see that Bendpak has adopted the arm features of Nussbaum’s lifts from 30 years ago. It is about time.

2 Likes

We can store it where everyone else here is storing stuff…in the new auto area, thus interdicting even more storage-squatting. :baby_chick: :bird: + :rock:

1 Like