Potential Ironworking couses

Good Morning, I am a manager of a maker space in Starkville, MS and we teach some blacksmithing classes. If possible, while I am in Dallas (here till August) I would love to try and teach a course in your space. Feel free to reach out and I can provide a portfolio of work, assuming you’re interested of course.

I am no expert but I have experience in a few areas: Hammer making/tool making in the style of Brian Brazeal, forging nonferrous material, and general forging for the home and hearth as taught by Jeff More. I am familiar with some of the Mark Aspery techniques but not enough so to teach a competent class.

Good morning Steven my name is Joe Brown the current blacksmith chair .I would love to hear more about the classes you would like to teach.

I have been reading up and down the forum. It seems like there is a desire for some general beginner classes as well as some more advanced tool making. I would be happy to lead a course on making punches and slotting chisels, maybe a course on forging a horse head with tooling, general course on forging a lily from 1/2" stock. I am flexible and am happy to tailor a course to the needs/desires of the community

1 Like

That would be greatly appreciated let me know what I can do to help out

Feel free to reach out to me directly

[email protected] or text/call at