Possible Cutting Board Class

Absolutely ok! I’m just realizing I didn’t get any pictures of the end grain glue up :(.

I’ll take a few more tonight when I unclamp everything.

2 Likes

I second (third) the sentiment. This was an awesome class and will keep an eye out for more of Ryan’s classes.

4 Likes

@indytruks138 - Hey Ryan, If the timing worked out schedule wise I’d be happy to help with some of the prep work as I’d like to get in on the next class as well!

5 Likes

By far the best class I have attended at DMS so far.

Thanks Ryan for all the time you put in planning and preparing for this.

-Martin

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words Martin!

Some more pics of the class.

7 Likes

Ryan, your end grain cutting board class was one of the most well thought out and successful DMS offerings I’ve had the pleasure of taking. The effort you put into this class was considerable and it’s very much appreciated. What a smashing success…Congratulations!

Thank you very much for teaching this class, and also for assisting me this afternoon with my cross-cuts. My second glue up is clamped and drying on the table as I type this.

5 Likes

I will keep an eye out for the classs in August. I’ll be happy to help with the prep

1 Like

ive yet to take the woodworking classes but I really hope I can get in them in time because that cutting board looks amazing!

4 Likes

Finished the gluing, drum sanding and edge trimming. It’s coming along nicely. The oil-finished pic. is a stock photo, but it gives a good idea about what the finished product will look like.

8 Likes

Here is my finished result. Thanks again Ryan.

10 Likes

That is awesome Martin! Great job on your finishing.

1 Like

Ugh, I missed the new class :confused:

Whoa, hey that looks great!

Sorry, I will post a weeknight one for late August or early September.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve been in AK the last 2 weeks so it’s been hard to keep an eye out for the class. I’ll be back in a week, so hopefully I’ll catch the next one.

@indytruks138 had mentioned this YouTube channel in the class. Thought I would post it here in case others aren’t aware of it and would like some inspiration for future projects.

1 Like

We are interested in a class for either type.

Just curious if there might be an October class (for either type of cutting board) in the works? Thinking about an early start on Christmas gifts :slight_smile: Thanks, Dave

1 Like

I apologize, but with my personal schedule right now October is unlikely, I’ll be on vacation for a week and a lot going on right now with work. I will get one posted for early November. Maybe I’ll try to do a couple in November.

4 Likes