POLSER and More

Discussion about the Polser Elementary school, family, living on Lopo street, restaurants, steakhouses, etc… has a new thread now ~ w00t!

My wife obtained several pictures from him and his wife for her book on Lewisville. :slight_smile:

We lived directly across the street from James. The street name was Lopo a partial concatenation of his sisters names Louis & Pauline. He had many Horses, Peacocks, Longhorns, Chickens, Pigs and a Lama, a veritable petting zoo over there. Great neighbor, he would help me and my dad with our horses since we were initially noobs. Interesting to see how the Lewisville Feed Mill turns out as a high end steakhouse. Occasionally still see him tooling around in his old red pickup.

I just hope it turns out ok. My sister used to work for Prairie House, she had issues with their payroll checks. This was also 12-13 years ago.

You have had quite the interesting life.

It is a small world!
Mrs Polser came into my store to have a photo of her and James framed - it was a photo of the couple behind the feed store near the riveted steel molasses tank - the rear doors were the backdrop. I asked for a tour of the feedstore before it changed hands, so Mrs,. Polser said to come by around 4pm that day. I took about 60 photos with my phone - just an amazing piece of history abandoned.
James is in a memory care center.

3 Likes

I wish I could have bought that place. I wanted to change it into an old fashioned dance hall. It went for over a million bucks. I love all it’s dusty corners - hope they don’t destroy it.

It would have been a nice museum for the area, but few folks care about local history.

The initial price was $1 million but it actually sold for far less, not even half.

Another customer is a retired Carrollton fire depth battalion chief (professional photographer) - he used to do photo shoots at the feed store with kids from area high schools up in the lay loft etc.

I knew that was coming soon. Last time I saw him I had to introduce myself. Took awhile but he did remember us across the street. What was interesting he distinctly remembered one year when I decorated our house for Christmas with several thousand luminarias. Man I went through ~$100 worth of tea lights a night. That and his peacocks had a strange attraction for them.

Shit I’m getting old! Lewisville has grown so much.

2 Likes

Hell the whole metroplex has grown leaps & bounds. I can remember when The Colony got its first stop light & McDonalds. Drive anywhere around & there was open fields everywhere.

2 Likes