Plein Air Outing-Spring 2024

Hey everyone,

I think the best time for the Plein Air event would be this spring. With the heat and drought everything is still pretty dead/brown in many areas.

The Farmers Branch park Parks | Farmers Branch, TX - Official Website

Is a beautiful park that has a rose area, but with our weather shifting from over 100+ to fall, I think we wait until late March and April to schedule the outing.

This would be open to anyone who is interested in Plein Air.

What is Plein Air? It’s a term “en Plein air” an outdoors art outing that is outside the studio.

This event will be open for anyone who enjoys photography, painting, drawing/sketching, and can use their sketches, photos etc to create any other mediums within our space! I’ll be at this to help with identifying any perspective and vanishing points, and how to look closely at details in small areas that can be developed into art.

I’ll keep an eye on our calendar and events as well as the weather prior to scheduling.

And as always, any feedback or ideas are welcome!

-Gena

Examples from Plein air

2 Likes

Sounds fun! I am interested in joining

1 Like

Yay! Would love for you to join!

Hey everyone!

Moving this back up to the top!

Just talked to City of Farmers Branch! We are good to use their rose garden at anytime and don’t need any group reservations!

The first of three Plein air (art outside the studio) is scheduled for Saturday, March 23 at the Farmers Branch Rose Garden.

I’m keeping an eye on the weather too. Still 2 weeks away and we’re in the unpredictable weather months.

We can meet at the DMS space and carpool at 11:30am, grab coffee or those who need to meet can meet at the garden.

Also- you’ll need to provide any materials you want to use: cameras (DMS doesn’t supply cameras to leave the building), paints, journals, chairs, canvas’s, easels, snacks, drinks, sunscreen, etc.

Register for the event here: Events |Dallas Makerspace Calendar

And if any minor (under 18) attends, a guardian needs to be with them at all times.

If you’d like to use some art supplies from our community cabinet, please DM @mreynolds so he can track the process of supplies leaving the space.

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Gena

2 Likes

Hey makers!

Just a reminder for this upcoming Saturday! The weather so far is looking good, but as we know that can always change during this time of year.

We will meet at 11:30am in the CA studio, decide on carpooling and grab coffee on our way there.

Please bring your own art supplies of your choice, camera, paint, easel, as well as chairs, hats, etc.

Also since this is a public park, we need to make sure we pick up any trash and dispose of it in their trash cans.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Link to event: Events |Dallas Makerspace Calendar

-Gena

2 Likes

Hey friends,

Just wanted to send out another reminder for Saturdays event!

Address:
2610 Valley View Lane
Farmers Branch, TX

1 Like

Last call!

Tomorrow is our first “En Plein Air” event!

Link to event:
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/20475

Meet at DMS at 11:30 am in CA studio for carpooling and checking out supplies from Mark @mreynolds - he has to check you out, don’t assume and take.

Or meet at Farmers Branch Rose Garden at 12pm
2610 Valley View Ln
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

It may be soggy from the rain so bring your own chair, heavy shoes incase it’s muddy.

Also bring any art supplies you want to do while we are at the garden!

1 Like