Plastics area ready for layout

After the last Machine Shop committee meeting we moved around the equipment in the Plastics area, and removed the spurious storage that had wandered in there. We’ve taped off the committee boundary lines as well. This is now a real committee area and not a junk pile.

@Chetan_Raj … ready for you to do an equipment layout. Let’s kick this PIG!

7 Likes

Additionally I put the belt on the band saw, it still needs adjustment. It also needs a throat plate.

7 Likes

and I’ll be posting a class for the Shapoko xxl soon.

9 Likes

is there a flat grill press there yet? Im having trouble sourcing one with flat surfaces. *or at least a toaster oven

The toaster oven that was from the metal shop currently resides there. I’ll fire it up and make sure it works tomorrow when I’m there

3 Likes

good to know thanks! might add that to the tools page?

I’ll do a more comprehensive add of the Plastics SIG once we get more things up and running.

4 Likes

checked out the acrylic bender which will work well for us.
The toaster over also worked, however it is really dirty and could use a cleanout before use.
We’ll need 208(?)v power and air before we can fire up the ultrasonic welder. We should be able to use a “T” for air from the vacuum former. The welder was not part of our initial power layout so we’ll have to add that seperately.
Cheers! Oink!

3 Likes