Plasma Cutter Training Request and Details

That won’t matter. I will send the attachment via email on Saturday anyway.

1 Like

Awesome! Do we typically have lifting devices to carry metal components from the bay to the plasma cutter?

Not that can easily be done. We have a gantry but it won’t fit through the metal shop door. This has been on recent discussion in some of the metal shop meetings. Back in 2018, I looked into a overhead system. It was about 2k but we couldn’t use that style. They have another style thats like a bridge crane with 4 posts. Ideally, we would have someone like that, that would traverse over the plasma table.

From my memory, there was a place mentioned during class that has the plasma cutter consumables, anyone know what place this is? Went to Metroplex Welding Supply, they were out. Lowe’s didn’t know what language I was speaking

Metroplex has the best stock. They have multiple locations around DFW. I’ve been to most of them over the years.

Metroplex welding supply on Northwest highway was the one I mentioned.

Do they have the kit? I have found the individual parts to cost the same as the kit but with fewer spares haha. Thanks!

So the kit has quite a bit of stuff in it that you will not need. The stuff you buy will probably last you quite a long time. The main thing you need is electrodes, nozzles of your amperage choice. You can expand that from there. Get swirl rings, both regular and fine cut. Then the appropriate shields.

1 Like