Plasma Cutter Errors Ohmic Sensor Detecting Plate and Arc Center Wrong

Hey everyone,

Today was my first time using the plasma cutter after training. After 2 successful cuts of the DMS logo I got these two errors below:

The ohmic sensor is already detecting the plate, and we haven’t started the move to the plate yet. See more help…

Arc center wrong…check I and J values… on Line #37
You can also try increasing the arc center tolerance factor on the advance tab in the machine settings.

Any advice?

Error 1 usually means metal dust or debris has gotten into to consumables, and is the is triggering the ohmic sensor. To remedy, turn off the power supply, unscrew the consumables and blow them out, using an air hose if necessary. You often won’t see any particles. Please make sure you’re wearing eye protection during all of this!

I’m not sure about error two. Can you post a picture of the design you’re cutting, and indicate where the cut fails?

2 Likes

Okay I’ll try that next time I get the first error. The second error was occurring half way through cutting the Maker Space Logo.

Do you mind sending me your # so next time it happens I can just give you a quick call or send pics?

I think you’ll have better results posting on Talk, since a lot more metal shop folks will see the post.