Plasma Cam Software not loading

Its asking for admin username and password to make chages to the computer
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Calling @Team_Metal_Shop

I’ll ask the first question: did you reboot? Often that resolves the darndest things…

Last I saw it didn’t require it. Id say do as @jast says to start.

1 Like

Thank you, the Reboot did the trick, then I realized there was no tip on the cutter it self.

I got that put on and the cutter back in the machine but could never get the cutter to cut.
I had my file loaded, the test run wouldn’t work, but when I ran it as an actual cut the machine went through the motions but then gave an error of it didn’t detect the cutter cutting.

Anyone have any tips on what I could have done wrong?

2.5 hours and I didn’t get the couple cuts I was trying for done, ill have to try again later.

Thanks,
Mark

I think @Coul was having the same problem the other night, I assumed he fixed it because nothing was ever posted on talk? What did you do to fix it coul?

Did you try pushing the “test cut” button on the control panel?

Also if you have any tips on securing the hand held unit in the holder? There are 2 screws to tighten, one that holds the handle, and one that secures the head. I didn’t seem to get the one that holds the head in very securely.
When you turn the screw it didn’t push the attached piece to close the clamp.

I did, and it wouldn’t respond at all. The light never would come on Test cut: just Auto cut

There’s no light for “test cut”; you push it, the torch fires.
If it does not, you’re down to checking connections and rebooting (again).
I take it the software initialized properly?

yes it initialized and reset to the top left, I moved it forward and adjusted the height to the work piece, and that’s as far as it got.
I have a 3’x48’ piece of metal im trying to cut into knife blanks for my father inlaw who has gotten into knife making as a present.

I would gladly trade anyone one of my brass spinning tops and a spinning glass, for your time if you would be interested in helping me get this thing cut properly. My last attempt worked but I didn’t get the nice clean edges we got with the DMS keyring during the training.

Hm. Yeah. It’s coming down to something I’d need to see in person. Regrettably, I have no “me” time to use @ DMS in the immediate future…
The things I’d be looking for (which I’m sure you’ve already done, but I would do again, because that’s how I work: no offense intended):
double check the consumables are correct (all there, in the right orientation, properly tightened into place, etc.). Double check no warning lights on the Hypertherm. Make sure it initializes correctly, then move it to a space without material and push “test” for a test fire. Noise and startup arc should emit. If not, you should errors and/or lights guiding you to the next thing to check, but it’s really down to connections between the Hypertherm, the table controller, and the computer. I expect between the controller and the Hypertherm if everything works up to the test fire. To be sure we’re using the same term, there, here’s a picture of the control panel with the test cut button “circled” in the red square:

(BTW, I was wrong about the “cutting light” next to the test button; it comes on during the button press, and off again when released, unlike the “auto” button light, which lights when it’s ready for cutting controlled by the computer, and off if the computer is not able to control cutting. This might be helpful, too.)
If the test fire works, but it won’t work over the stock, usually that’s a height or grounding the work piece problem, but not getting that far is a head scratcher…

1 Like

Thank you very much, I give it another try next time im up there.

1 Like

I just finished reading the hypertherm PDF and I believe I didn’t have the Torch Cap installed firmly enough. I do recall the light showing the torch being on.

1 Like

I may be able to stop by the space on my way home and give it a quick once over. I have a set of consumables to assist in ruling out issues with those.

Please do NOT over tighten the cap. NO TOOLS for tightening. It just has to be snug enough to trip the switch, which tells me that it was probably NOT the issue.

2 Likes

I will be at DMS tomorrow (Tuesday) night and can help you with the Plasma: I was able to use is OK two weeks ago…

Note that there is an Induction Forge class from 7:30-9:00pm that day. Since the forge is right next to the plasma CNC, it’d be best to wait until that class is over. I’ll PM you my contact info.

1 Like

Plasmacam has been returned to it’s regularly scheduled functionality.

The incorrect shield for the installed nozzle/electrode was installed and the gun was not secured in the center holster clamp. Speeds and feeds were set REALLY low, but those should be set per material. Someone may have been cutting some super thick stuff?

2 Likes

And should be returned to “known values” upon reboot, right?
Wasn’t that @jphelps who set that up?
Is it inop?

EDIT: and GOOD JOB! You get a(nother) attaboy! :clap:

Thanks for taking care of it Adam. @Adam_Oas I spaced on it and was working on the lathe.

1 Like

Just checked. A computer reset did change speeds back to nominal (1000 rapid 160 cut).
I also brushed off the horizontal travel bar. It’s pretty worn out, but keeping it cleaner should help at least a little.

1 Like