Plain clear glass

Anita,

If you are back - do you need or want some more clear plain glass? I’ve had the misfortune of doing a few jobs requiring it and have some saved for you and your “smashing stress relief exercises”. Yours for the taking. Dumpster if not.

We’ll wait and see what she says. I want it if she doesn’t.

1 Like

Beth, you are more than welcome to it.
There will be more, there always is.
This is from picture framing so the sizes vary.
I’ll set it aside for you and drop it by on a few days one evening.

1 Like

If you ever come across any A4 or A5 sized glass I’ve been meaning to make some picture frames! :slight_smile:

Tom, I’d take some off your hands, too if you have extra. I’ll wait on Anita and Beth first though.

1 Like

Anytime Dan, I didn’t know you were a plain glass guy.

Greg, can you define what you mean by A4 or A5 glass?

A4 and A5 being the paper size I believe. A4 says 210x297mm and A5 is 148x210mm according to Google. I bought some prints in some odd ball sizes, whoops.

We could try to cut some.

This is the land of the Moon Walkers(Thanks to Photomancer for that reference) and as such I and my equipment work in the Imperial system, but I can cut rectangles to most any common framing size.

you could use a mat to make it a “standard” frame size - if that is your goal.

1 Like

Haha, I love that!

That’s a pretty good idea, would look much nicer too with matting. I need to put more thought into this.

Sounds like it’s doable at the space. Thank you Beth as well!

Greg,

Single openings in mats are fairly easy to do by hand with a table top mat cutter. Multi opening ones like in this Batman piece I did for a client that he “said” was for his 8 year old son…is better done on a CMC (computerized mat cutter) - I have two of them at my shop.