Places to eat in Carrollton

I’m hitting up local places for gift cards for the silent auction and I’m finding some interesting places in try out and thought some people would want to read up. I’m making a list for my own notes and I decided to just make this list really quick for everyone to add to. I remember a thread on places to eat but I tried to search for it and fell flat.

Here’s an editable list of places to go frequent- please feel free to add to the list

4 Likes

Wow.
Beth Marie’s Ice Cream takes me back.
I was in the original store on opening day (friend of a friend was Beth’s friend, sort of deal). It was quite exciting to see a real soda fountain going back into operation. Their ice cream was second to none. Our hopes were high for their success, not least of all because of the cut-throat business prepared foods can be.
Beth Marie’s was not an infrequent stop-through with family and friends and we often enjoyed swinging by with out-of-towners. It was an especially huge hit with those “of a certain age”.
I’d gotten fat enough, and “moved on” in life enough, that I only vaguely remember noticing the expansion to Unicorn Lake.
Haven’t been in there in several years, though I occasionally think about it when we blow through Denton for whatever happenstance has brought us to town.
Now I find out I can get the ice cream in Central Market (didn’t need to know that!) and there are several venues of possible enjoyment! Good on them!

Sorry to jack the thread a bit, so I’ll try to pretend I’m contributing by saying “go to Beth Marie’s if you get the chance. If it’s like it was in the last century, you won’t regret it one drop!”

Little known fact about Nicole her entire right thigh is made from Beth Maries cinnamon ice cream. True story. I’ve written them to see if they would send us a gift certificate.

3 Likes

Hey, let’s do this!!! I totally would love to serve ice cream at Beth Marie’s! Let’s talk and do this! Holy crap what a wonderful dream to come true. We would recoup 1/3 the profit but it’s not about that -----WE COULD SERVE ICE CREAM TO HAPPY PEOPLE!

2 Likes

Don’t ever lose your optimism. :slight_smile:

I am not 100% averse to reminding myself why I wanted out of food services as quickly as possible as a teen…
Looks like it has to be a M-W “evening”, so no later than 10PM per their posted hours… That’s in my “doable” zone. Lemme know when you’re thinking. Odds are about 66% I can make that happen. :+1:

1 Like

Added a couple of Farmer’s Branch favorites

1 Like

Ohhhh I should have a city column. Good idea.

1 Like

The Hub… not so much because it’s close; but because we typically have a group of Makers that go every Tuesday. We are always looking for others, so if someone buys a gift card, they are more likely to join us on Tuesdays…

1 Like