Piezo electric devices

Carey Ritchie:
You and I spoke briefly about piezo devices to produce resonant oscillations in a thermoacoustic device.
Was hoping you could send me a catalog so I can determine which models might be appropriate.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a few piezo speakers but they are of low quality and low power. I think I will need something pretty robust.

Phil Pozderac

what is your plan? just for speakers ?

Josh:
I am attempting to make an electrical generator. I am considering/testing different ways to start the sound wave which will resonate with the cavity it is placed in. Speakers are to fragile the blow when they hit their resonant frequency at high power.

Carey Ritchie and I spoke briefly about this. Carey suggested the piezo electric devices that he is familiar with at Texas Instruments. He asked that I post so he could respond and give me some more information.

I will explain more if you are interested tonite at the materials meeting.

Phil

Phil

sorry for the slow response
During our talk I was thinking about chips like
http://www.ti.com/product/drv2667
Than can be programed to work with various Piezo devices
This would give you flexibility to build a startup cct, that would have no moving parts and can be tuned in the system

Carey

Thanks for your response Carey. I will take a look but I think this may be above my pay grade. I would love to have more discourse on this with you sometime.
I can describe how I visualize the system working and you can explain how this driver fits in. Thanks again.

Phil Pozderac

Sounds good, will look for you next time I am at the space