Photo Scanner @ DMS?

Howdy all,

Doing some spring cleaning (I know I am a bit late) and I am wanting to scan in a bunch to old family photos to free up some space in the garage. Do we happen to have a decent scanner with a feeder at the DMS?

If not, I am going to go in with some other folks to buy a decent one that can make quick work of this task. Right now I am considering the one below that a coworker and her family went in on together and they just passed it around o all of the family members to scan their own photos. Any other recommendations for a different scanner that can quickly rip through a bunch of photos?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/epson-fastfoto-ff-640-high-speed-photo-scanning-system-black/5495311.p?skuId=5495311&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=1035&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7N7Nw4-k3AIVhzqBCh0GKAQkEAQYASABEgJL1_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

It would be great if DMS had a scanner that could also scan film (35mm) negatives.

3 Likes

I would also love :heart: a scanner that scanned negatives so that I can digitize some old pictures.

I used to have a good one at home, but they quit updating the driver and its functionality got eaten by OS dinosaurs :sauropod:

I have this model for my personal use. It is very fast with high quality. It captueres front and back. Cost is about $450.

1 Like

What ever happened to the flatbed scanner that use to be in CA?

@Ratastat2
I’m assuming once you load the feeder (with photos of the same size) it will do the rest? No need for intervention or saving files individually or anything? I am hoping I can stick several photos into this bad boy, go have a cup of coffee, then come back and enjoy my new digital photos on my computer.

Thanks,
Chris

As far as scanners go, there’s the one in the copier, and the one in the printmaking area that I’m aware of.

I personally would love to have access to a slide scanner. I just inherited all the family photos, and my mom kept ALL of the negatives. One of these doohickeys would make that work easy.

This one’s only $150 and it does negatives and small prints.

2 Likes

Max stack to scan is around 20, depending on thikness, curling etc. If you load 10 if didferwnt sizes and hit scan on your computer, all ten scan aa one file, but 10 separate images. Some with 20 photos.

I mostly do old books and reference items as pdf files. Then i edit with Adobe DC.

1 Like