Parts washer latest

I’ve been working overtime for a resolution that won’t cost the DMS a fortune for a parts washer.

I asked what a new model of the current one we have would cost to buy outright - that number is $9200

I asked the Snap On folks at the car show at the TX Motor Speedway if they would give me/dms a price break on their enclosed parts washer (similar to ours) which retails for $8195 item #PBC42B

After reading the various posts about the current parts washer I asked the leasing company about buying the one we have. They replied with a price of $3183.34

I made a reasonable offer of $1500 with new gloves (depending on funding from Automotive and the DMS). This would keep what we have, they will service it one more time, replace the gloves, and not bill us for October.

I also sourced a less expensive company that will handle the old washer fluid (and any fluids the machine shop may need removed)

Thanks for the feedback from Vector and others in the quest for a solution.

13 Likes

This is awesome Tom.

I’m just curious though, are there any self contained pressurized parts washers that are hand-held that use solvent instead of water as the cleaning vehicle that is filtered and recycled minimizing waste?

1 Like

Owen,
Yes they are available in various sizes. They aren’t as common as they were 20 years ago.

In a home based environment for auto, machine, firearms etc the solvent could last for years before changing.
Most folks that use them at home shops - use a little more common sense and remove heavy dirt, grease, filth before using the parts washer (this is the preferred method).
At the Space (insert work, or other entity where the user isn’t actually maintaining the equipment he or she uses)then common sense / care doesn’t occur as often as it should.

3 Likes

Looked at the Snap-on, with Snap-on we would be getting a highly quality commercial grade of equipment.

Thanks for looking at the various options.

You’re welcome David.

Came back to the space after being gone for a long while and this makes me very sad. That parts washer was the main reason I joined in the first place…

It’s not leaving. The filters needs to cleaned from what I hear.

Shiiiiit, I can do that. I went up there today and it said “out of order, do not use”. Is it actually down?

@TLAR told me he came up to find it apart. He said he thought it was just the filter, going by memory though.

Sam, Tim,

I’ll be up there Thurs night around 8pm to clean out the screen etc on the washer. But yes, somebody took the front panel off and left it off to the side with 2" of standing fluid in the washer. If you want to give it a try - great but please let me know.

I am trapped at work and tomorrow is the only night I can possibly make it.

ill probably go back up tonight and try cleaning the filter. I just didn’t want to try using it without the express consent of the automotive chair

1 Like

Sammy,
sounds great - just let me know if you need anything!

1 Like

Is the parts washer up and running ?

Yes, snaps cleaned the filter

1 Like