Parking Lot Ropes

Where are the markers for cordoning off parking spaces? I’m told we have some (I am told that @Team_Blacksmithing might know more from their open forge days).

The paint booth is a 10x10 footprint, and unlike the usual setup it would need to go on the north side of the ramp so powder coating can use the ground rod sunk outside.

The goal is that, when planning a class, to mark off spaces similar to a forge day. This would mean fewer, but potentially larger classes since the setup would be more involved. As for people using the powdercoating themselves, I’m going to leave whether they need the full booth to discretion on the part size but at least want something stable for the purpose of the class.

Cheers,
-Jim

2 Likes

What paint booth? :blankspace:

1 Like

We have a pop-up paint booth. It’s stored on the shelves next to the loading dock. It’s a pop up tent with side walls, a tarp for the ground, a wood box with a blower and filters to clean the air coming in, and a door with filters so the unit operates at a positive pressure to force particulate matter into the door filters.

1 Like

does it have a floor? Need to keep paint off the parking lot (something others have ignored).

1 Like

Yes, it has a tarp that covers the whole footprint

2 Likes

If it is for powder coat only, you might want to be clear on that, and maybe refer to it as the powder coating booth.

2 Likes

It’s for painting in general; wasn’t made explicitly for our use but it is open for use.

2 Likes

Should be around automotive

1 Like