Pallet Racks for Robot Combat Arena

So the Pallet Racks are part of the contract with DPRG and, in other words, “owned” by them?

No they are DMS shelves, dprg just needs 4 shelves located on premises of unspecified dimensions to meet our contractual obligations.

More on topic, where would this robot combat arena be setup and used at?

We have yet to pin down a venue, but it looks like Banana Raceway would have us for events.
There are some storage options, but if it comes down to it i could store it in my garage temporarily and let the 5.0 sit out front for a few weeks.

In this sweltering heat/sun?
NOOOOOOOO!!!

Effectively, that is the case.

the sad part is i have to do that at work most days :frowning:

The larger question before availability of the current shelves would be if this would be a transfer of ownership of the shelving from DMS to who, and if there would be any private inurement concerns (would anyone personally profit from receiving the shelves).

@hasbridge Would RC like the entire 6 shelves on the 10’ tall blue shelving currently unoccupied and up for grabs?

Robot Combat is an interest group under the RCC, so any donations to us are DMS property, but like Erik said, those racks pretty much belong to DPRG. Harold might want that shelf space though.

The shelves pictured, correct? Those would work well for us, and we could move our stuff from above Jewelry to there. The total shelf space would be more than we have now, so we would have some extra room for robot combat stuff. I am good with moving our storage there.

Edit: Regarding Brooks’ point that the shelves are blocking an electrical disconnect, we should definitely move the shelves before moving everything to them. I’m good with using the shelves pretty much anywhere, they don’t have to stay by the loading dock.

1 Like

Yeah the one pictured above, the research I have been doing seems ambiguous on if the clearance requirements apply to a disconnect (as opposed to an electrical panel with breakers, which would require 3 feet in front of it), but to be safe wouldn’t hurt to relocate the air hose, just need to turn off the valve going down to the reel on bottom of block and disconnect the blue line below valve (the black fittings are rapid disconnect, just press collar in and pull blue line), then crowbar up the air reel (its liquid nailed down), and set it anywhere in auto and I will remount it somewhere. (Note, don’t disconnect above a valve or you will have a very loud continuous dumping of 120psi through the 1/2" line)

I believe your right about the 3ft. Which the fire marshal can get us for too.

Is it just the electrical outlet? Because if 3 foot clearance applies to them, we can’t put anything against our walls at home that have outlets every 6 feet. And CA is totally messed up with the wall of storage. In fact I question if any outlet in the space would comply if we tried to make them have the access requirements of an electrical panel.

Of course if there is an actual panel there that I’m not seeing/remembering, my apologies.

There is an electrical disconnect that I think is connected to the tesla charger between the wall and the plastic curtain

1 Like

Ah. Then the table that used to be there would have equally been in violation. But possibly more likely to be overlooked.

1 Like

Got 2 feet of distance between shelving and disconnect, which seems adequate

In related news the now extra pallet rack is heading to offsite storage to collect dust there unless someone can think of a good use for it

1 Like

ummm…
YEAH!!!
DARC wants that pallet rack!!!

As the title of this thread states lol