Other Teams at 2020 Champcar Dual At COTA?

Even though the DMS team had withdrawn, there were other teams that stemmed off from it.

Who are they?

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion spawned off champcar dual COTA

@Team_Motorsports anyone know the answer to the OP?

OP is one of the drivers going to COTA with another team, they just wanted some discussion.

Got a bit more than they bargained for.

I was not expecting that response! Lol

1 Like

Like @michaelb said, I am one of the drivers going on another team outside of the realm of DMS. And I do know the teams and people going from DMS as well. I was wanting to create a bit of traffic in our interest here.

If @rbox80 wanted to drive, he could’ve of all the years he’s been with the space. As for the other drama mentioned, it would be very courteous if that could be left off this thread.

What are you talking about?? @Brandon_Green flat out told me TWICE no when he was running the program when it came to driving the car.

Brandon hasn’t been in charge of motorsports/automotive/related things for years (based this on never in my time as a member, which is over two years)

2 Likes

Things had evolved since then. I have been with the team closing in to 2 years now and only met Brandon for a brief few seconds and never seen him again. The team runs the program and moderated by the chair. Just come join a meeting.

To drive… read the rules, get the rated gear, help with the car, and be prepared to pay as car prep and cost is split among the participating drivers just like any other teams in the sanctions. We will guide you!

Anything you wanna know, feel free to ask!

I have read the rules, I own all the gear, I have offered to help with the car 10+ times and I have all the funds required. I joined in late 2014 and know more about this stuff than all but MAYBE 5% of membership. I should be guiding you friend…

Hahaha Awesome!
I accept the challenge!

With all this Covid thing happening,

1. DMS Motorsports had to pull out of the race at COTA as we won’t be able to have enough time to prep since shop is closed. Hence the reason I am driving on a different team,
  2. Next race is September 26-September 27 at Harris Hill for Champcar and I am sure the team will need drivers and help with prep,
  3. Check the Event’s section for the next Motorsport Meeting this month. We will most likely be doing it through Google Meets again.
1 Like

Just because Brandon is no longer the gatekeeper to the race team, doesn’t mean that there was an open invite. When I joined DMS, I was interested in racing with the team, so I showed up for a couple build days and helped get the car ready for the race. I didn’t have a huge input into the car, the other guys had TONS more time, effort and money in the car, but let’s just say that I was the one that painted the car safety orange. I had a bit of skin in the game and some time, then it was made apparent that I wasn’t going to be invited to drive with the team. I didn’t ask questions, I just accepted it and moved on. I ended up driving with Jay and the Miata for a few years so it worked out.

All that to say, things have changed, and I’m sure the team is open to new drivers.

3 Likes

Every meeting I’ve shown up to, it was as @ThatOneGuy described.

Just FYI- my current car lineup in the collection is a 98 Formula M6 60k, 02 Camaro SS m6, 20 Supra Gr and my daily is a e36 m3 sedan. What you rolling these days?

Hey… The June DMS Motorsport, committee meeting is this Thursday. More info on Events page.

As for those cars, willing to compete them in wheel to wheel racing? :laughing: